PDA

View Full Version : New Audi Q7 with tech pack high missing phone prep in arm-rest?

A1exp
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I've collected a new 2011 Q7 today with tech pack high and I don't seem to have the phone cradle prep in the centre arm-rest, is this normal?

The photo below and the brochure seems to indicate I should have the cradle prep:

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/q7/q7/audio-and-communication/mobile-phones.html

I know it doesn't include the actual cradle, I've got one for an iPhone I was hoping to transfer but I was expecting the black plastic cradle conection plate like I had in the A4.

Cheers,

Alex

nobbyuk
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Looks like you should have one. Do you have bluetooth installed ? can you pair the car with the iphone ?

It's possible the spec changed and you no longer get the cradle, just the bluetooth connection. I've had a cradle in the last 3 audis but never used it.

A1exp
11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Yep bluetooth installed and can pair fine, all works but just no cradle for some reason.

I've got an iPhone 4 which doesn't support RSAP so the only way to use the roof aerial is to use the cradle and signal around my area is poor so the roof aerial is often the difference between keeping and dropping the call.

Anybody got a new Q7 with tech-pack high and has the cradle?

Audi might have dropped support for the cradle but they seem to have done it on the sly, may have to ring customer services, think they'll know?

a8 tech
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
no cradle for mmi high but optional for mmi low, use your sim in the sim slot for full function or buy an rsap supported phone but iphone 4 is ok using hands free and the phones gsm

its not been done on the sly at all, sounds like poor prep from the salesman when specing your vehicle

send me your vin number (pm) and i will check your pr codes for build specification

look here for supported phones and specific vehicles http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/phone-compatibility.html

mmi high online services with or without the handset

or mmi low and the cradle base is optional extra not standard

A1exp
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Cheers, that makes sense.

The audi sales chap told me the car didn't have start-stop until I insisted it did so i'm not suprised this was missed.

Shame about the lack of cradle but I guess with the sim reader they probably think people won't need a cradle.

I make lots of short journeys so removing the sim each time will probably get tedious but I guess is an option for longer journeys,

Hopefully one of the Apple execs drives a car that uses RSAP and gets it added to the iPhone.