PDA

View Full Version : Question Rear N/S window is u/s...expensive to fix ?

Trillock
08-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Last winter I used the button to lower the rear left hand passenger window (can't remember why, but must have been bored sitting there waiting for the wife to come back), and there was a 'crack' noise and it didn't work any more. I believe that it must have iced up a bit, and the window got pulled from whatever it is that grips it down in the door. If I press the button for down and help it with my hand, it goes down, and pressing the button to raise works just fine without my help.
I don't have any suitable tools to remove the door panel to have a look, and even then I would only look in wonder at all the gizmos in the door, just waiting for me to break them.
I guess it is a garage job, thing is, is this going to be expensive.....like £300 to fit a £2 part or something ?
Computers I am fine at, cars I am not, that is why I lurk here.....:o

PCDoctor
08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
If the back is like the front then no so hard or expensive

A Complete front door panel was £50 (You can do it cheaper but more work involved) that includes the metal panel and guides and some items you have to take off the old broken one and fit on the new

Have not been that unlucky yet to have a rear failed but a fron twas not so bad

Trillock
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your complete front door panel seems reasonable at 50 quid, so the future is not orange, but bright.........:beerchug:
Thanks for the info.