PDA

View Full Version : vw vs audi

00drewski
17-07-2007, 11:32 PM
we all know who owns who, but has VW become so good that it rivals its blood brother AUDI, i went shopping for a semi new audi or VW and i have to say that the price difference doesnt warrant the similair specs now offered by VW . i have to say the older the year the easier it was to go for audi (if you could afford it) but now its all down to a few split hairs really and it annoyes me. ive been a good buyer of audi and i want more than just a better looking badge from my buy which it what it seems to be with the mid range offers from audi compared to VW. some words of support would be good to help quiet my wallet, which thinks i made a bad move.

audi a4 2002

onzarob
12-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi welcome to the forum :)

I think Audi still have the edge, espescially inside the car. ;o)

RickT
31-08-2007, 10:14 AM
A bit of a late welcome... but better late than never!!

Hello and Welcome to the forum, hows the new car going now??

RickT

AudiJay
14-09-2007, 03:50 PM
[
I have an 2006 A4 2.0T special edition 220bhp I have noticed that the chrome has gone milky along the bottom of the door windows but not above them or on the front grill surround, audi have replaced them once but it has happened again. condused by why not all the chrome has gone milky?

Any help?

mluton
14-09-2007, 04:07 PM
we all know who owns who, but has VW become so good that it rivals its blood brother AUDI, i went shopping for a semi new audi or VW and i have to say that the price difference doesnt warrant the similair specs now offered by VW . i have to say the older the year the easier it was to go for audi (if you could afford it) but now its all down to a few split hairs really and it annoyes me. ive been a good buyer of audi and i want more than just a better looking badge from my buy which it what it seems to be with the mid range offers from audi compared to VW. some words of support would be good to help quiet my wallet, which thinks i made a bad move.

audi a4 2002

You missed out Skoda & Seat.

00drewski
14-09-2007, 08:15 PM
A bit of a late welcome... but better late than never!!

Hello and Welcome to the forum, hows the new car going now??

RickT

well i have to say its nice to have the audi badge, but its not wortht ehextra cash in my range. although i was priveledged to go for a ride in my partners RS4 2007 ( 400HP) totally awsome, if its bigger money you plan to spend the audi's have the edge. your mid range is better with VW. for the money of course.

p.s im thinking i want to find an original CD player for a audi a4 2000 wagon, i hate the flashy after market gadget versions, but cant find one anywhere. any ideas?

thanks.

00drewski
14-09-2007, 08:19 PM
[
I have an 2006 A4 2.0T special edition 220bhp I have noticed that the chrome has gone milky along the bottom of the door windows but not above them or on the front grill surround, audi have replaced them once but it has happened again. condused by why not all the chrome has gone milky?

Any help?

any specific way or liquids or spray you use to clean the car. could something be accumulating there in under the clear layer of sealant.
????

00drewski
14-09-2007, 08:20 PM
they do seem to be getting better to skodas. but the finish aint that refined still.
nice having all those HP's though.
:)

a8 tech
14-09-2007, 08:32 PM

audi a4 2002The build quality of audi is so much better than vw and skoda is the safer buy to vw for value for money.

RickT
15-09-2007, 12:56 AM
The build quality of audi is so much better than vw and skoda is the safer buy to vw for value for money.

I dont want to go off topic here... but... sit in a NEW golf... nice.. but then get in the new A3.. you can tell the differance..

RickT

a8 tech
15-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Well said rick,and audi build quality overall is superior to vwin every aspect

steviesteve
25-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Having owned a VW Passat 1.9tdi sport 110 bhp for a few years, putting 75,000 miles on the poor car in the process, i have just bought an A6 Avant 1.9tdi sport 130 bhp. I expected the Audi to have simular characteristics compared to the old VW. The Audi is head and shoulders above my Passat. What a lovely motor. In my opinion its worth paying a little bit more.

vwcabriolet1971
25-02-2010, 06:06 PM
VAG engineering is the same across all the platforms. Body & interior is obviously different and each "Badge" is targeted against a specific market sector. Buying a car is a very personal thing, every one has different priorities ,likes & dislikes and budgets.
I've always bought from VW ( since 1968 with a '61 Beetle) for their engineering rather than style. In my opinion VW have the best value for money . They have the economies of greater volume and build quality is second to non. Also VW & it's OEM spares are more readily available and cheaper . Audi have higher trim standards & tend to introduce the new technologies first and other "badges" tend to use "run-out" platforms and engines last. In my opinion the emphasis on the engineering aspects has of late had a lower VW priority than the cosmetics and financial aspects ( e.g. the cost reduced MK5 Golf introduced as the MK6).
If money was of little consequence I'd have a Porsche ! (still in the VW family) .

(owner of 2009 MK 6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105BHP )