PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Front Suspension Arms

Alas
17-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I have just been quoted the Audi price for the front lower suspension arms (ball joints in mine are getting a little too worn..), £110 each for the front lowers, and £82 each for the rear lowers. :(
Anyone had any problems with the much cheaper aftermarket arms, as found on ebay for example? (or any recommendations of other sources?)

gazza57
20-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Alas, be a bit careful with A6 suspension arms, I had a knock coming from the front o/side and thought it was the suspension arm, turned out to be a loose bolt, found by my indi, no charge and previously only serviced by a franchised dealer!
Had they found a loose bolt, they would've tightened it up FOC wouldn't they?....yeah right!
I've heard of cheap fake parts purporting to be the real thing, much cheaper, so if it sounds too cheap to be true, then it probably is.
Not worth the risk not for a few quid extra anyway!
Gazza57

Crasher
20-07-2007, 01:36 PM
The ones GSF or Febi sell are fine. I have used four on two different cars today.

Alas
20-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try the Febi ones from vwspares.

gazza57
21-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Crasher,
I'm sure the Febi or GSF ones are fine, the real problem is that loads of pattern parts Febi, GSF and the like as well as Audi parts are also being copied.
Just a word of caution mate
Gazza57

Crasher
22-07-2007, 11:35 PM
The provenance of parts is a problem so I buy direct from Febi UK as one of their chaps is a long term friend of mine.

mcstu74
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I have just been quoted the Audi price for the front lower suspension arms (ball joints in mine are getting a little too worn..), £110 each for the front lowers, and £82 each for the rear lowers. :(
Anyone had any problems with the much cheaper aftermarket arms, as found on ebay for example? (or any recommendations of other sources?)

Hi,

I had the cheaper GSF parts fitted on my '97 Passat & they lasted a grand total of 16k miles (I do about 8k miles/yr). I then had the proper OEM ones fitted (with an 'A' at the end of the part code) & they've been fine for the past 4 years now!

Cheers