PDA

View Full Version : A7 Colour

DRM-A7
04-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Can anyone suggest what colour the A7 looks best in? Would white look good? Looked on Auto Trader at the used ones for sale and could only fine one in white in the whole country.

Guest 2
04-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Oolong Grey looks lovely IMO. Seen it in the showroom one day and fell in love with it.

White doesn't do it for me on the A7 and personally think it suits a darker colour.

Have a look on Audis website to see what's about.

shabazmo
05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
White looks good in small cars but with large metal areas like he A7, I doubt it would look classy. Furthermore, depreciation is likely to far greater than in other colours. I have had many positive comments about my Dakoya grey.

Eshrules
05-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm surprised any have made it onto Autotrader at all yet.

I think if you were to get an A7 in white, you risk looking like an insignia. The only one I've seen so far was in the grey Chris has mentioned and it looked rather tasty.

Architex_mA8tey
05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Ive ordered mine in Daytona Gray which I love on bigger Audis . . .
couple of pics attached along with 2 pics i took at the weekend of a new A7 in White

Guest 2
05-09-2011, 08:36 PM
The only one I've seen so far was in the grey Chris has mentioned and it looked rather tasty.

Belfast Audi have this for sale Esh;

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/A7OolongGrey1.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/A7OolongGrey2.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/A7OolongGrey3.jpg

Me like very much :approve:

shabazmo
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Eshrules;667045]I'm surprised any have made it onto Autotrader at all yet.

45 A7's on sale with Autotrader. All trade except one private sale. What amazes me is that the cheapest is £35K which is an huge discount on a new price. I also note that an internet broker is doing factory orders at 12% discount.

I guess that the A7 is not achieving its sales targets. Does anyone know any better?

Architex_mA8tey
06-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I think I might know some of the cause lol - firstly its a niche car so will always be more exclusive but that means appealing to a narrower audience. But I think the main reason is that from a business point of view Audi is giving mahoosive discounts and lease subsidies in order to "sell another unit", which is much more preferable to them than selling a second hand car which doesn't do so. I was originally looking at getting one of the nicely, hugely specced show room models that there now appears to be a glut of for sale (most of those for sale are SE's and Audi asked showrooms to order SE's and provided them with SE's from the start as they wanted to focus on the S-Line version a few months later.

When I started looking at nice £44k well specced low milage SE's with loads of nice extras it became apparent that if you are a company buyer and looking to lease rather than pay cash, then you would be wayyy better off leasing a new car than a second hand one, even if it is a demonstrator with very low mileage. Audi subsidises leases on new A7s through either Audi finance or others so substantially that a £44k car would have been £200 a month MORE to lease than a brand new £54k car - crazy I know but just how things work out there in the world of "selling new units"

So the glut of A7's currently for sale is mostly the nation's stock of ex demonstrators from the February Launch (they tend to keep them from 4-6 months) and the only people they will sell to is cash buyers rather than finance buyers because of the above phenomena. This at least means that if you ARE a cash buyer looking for a 7, then you get a fantastic deal and loads of choice right now!

DRM-A7
12-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Thanks for all the posts. Have now ordered a A7 3.0 TDI S Line in white - Should be ready around early November. Architex_mA8tey is correct there are amazing deals for these on contract hire - Mine will be on contract hire via my LTD company. Had considered the BMW 5 Series and they wanted almost £200 per month more for a car worth £37k compared to the A7 AT £47k ! Did also test drive the Jaguar XF which was i not impressed with at all - The test drive car had creaking noises from the dash and the engine was very noisy even at failry low revs.

Eshrules
13-09-2011, 08:22 AM
The XF you test drove must have been a complete dog. I'm lucky enough to have contacts @ Jag and given the choice, the XF would be my daily (I'd need a mortgage to insure it).

green A8
13-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I find the comment about the Jag XF a little odd. I've driven several of these. All company cars with in excess of 70K miles on them. None have suffered from poor build quality or been what I'd call noisy. Perhaps you drove a "Friday" car?

As to the A7. I trundled into our office car park last Wednesday morning to discover three 61 plated a7's all in a very nice dark blue (Moonlight?) It almost looks black at some angles. Further up the carpark I discovered aniother A7 in Garnet Red (Same as my A6) . All four seem to have replaced BMW 5 series saloons. I'm told that twelve more are due to arrive over the next few weeks. It would seem that there must be some good deals to be had on these cars.

Kind Regards.

Paul

shabazmo
13-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Regarding the Jag XF's. I test drove the BMW 5 series, The jag XF and the A7. The jag was the best car to drive and was the smoothest and the most quiet. The BMW and the Audi were similiar. I decided on audi because I felt that the reliability of the Audi would be better and I am also a car diy nut, with diagnostics and workshop manuals for the Audi.

blue62
15-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Regarding the Jag XF's. I test drove the BMW 5 series, The jag XF and the A7. The jag was the best car to drive and was the smoothest and the most quiet. The BMW and the Audi were similiar. I decided on audi because I felt that the reliability of the Audi would be better and I am also a car diy nut, with diagnostics and workshop manuals for the Audi.

Would you be prepared to say how much it's costing on contract? I'm looking at an A6 Avant with a lot of toys and it's coming out at £650 - 700 over 3 years (15k). The dealer suggested I might consider the A7 as I can't get the spec I want on an A6 before xmas but I figured it would be over budget.

shabazmo
15-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I am afraid that I paid cash for mine, so don't have any contract hire costs. Having spoken to a few on the forum, they have said that the contract hire costs were much cheaper than a BMW 5 series. I also know that some internet sites are doing 17.7% discount on a new car, so I guess and A7 is great value now. If only I had waited!
My advice is if you get the right spec you will love the car, so wait or go for the A7. Don't compromise.

Audi_Mike
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I like the Daytona Grey and have just ordered mine in this colour. It is a shame that Audi will not supply this colour on the SE model unless you pay extra for an "Exclusive Colour".
Mike

m3-fast
08-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Just ordered a Daytona Grey S-line - was really stuck with the colour choice tbh! I test drove one in Oolong Grey, and whilst it looked great on a showroom car, it looked pretty dull when dirty IMO. There was a white one in the showroom that the missus loved and wanted me to order, but have just had a white car for 3 years and not sure I can do another 2 years of removing tar spots etc!! (i am a bit of a serial car cleaner ha ha) so opted for the grey. I had an A4 S-line a few years ago in a similar colour and really liked the way it never seemed to look dirty.

Steuart64
04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree that the A7 suits darker colours - awaiting my S-line Moonlight Blue, presently at the Emden docks

tsiva
19-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I know its an old thread, but though I would give my 2 cents.

I am currently in a white a5, decided to go for the evoque range. However found out it was very pricey for what you got. Then I decided to go back to audi. Looked at the audi q5 and was about to order. £37k with great depreciation rates. I was then offered an Audi A6 (all these cars brand new btw) for £35k with all the toys (minus HUD and night vision and of course the 6k monster that is the B&O sound system). Though I wasnt fan of the boring look of the A6, I couldnt say no due to an excellent car loaded up with so much toys.

So I put an order in and I thought White looked tacky in that and thus went for Daytona Grey. Dealer rings up and says she can put me in an A7 for the same monthly cost but without the toys. I was like how is that possible.

As I am doing PCP and not hire purchase the guaranteed final value(GFV) of an A6 in 3 years is £14k, however the GFV (balloon payment) of an A7 is at 18K thus cancelling out the increase in price for the contract period. Lot of the toys I selected in the A6 like heated front seats, powered tailgate are standard in the A7. What I will be losing is the Audi ACC and lane guidance and Top view camera which I really wanted, however I do like the look of the A7 now. Though I hated it at first!

So in short I am paying 3k deposit, dealer is giving me 5k contribution. On a car valued at 42k with a GFV of 18k. APR is 6.2 through Audi Finance. and monthly payments are coming in around £570. Just £10 higher then I was gonna pay on an A6. Of course I would pay more if I wanted to keep the car longer than the contract period.

I too was stuck on which colour to go for, but I decided Glacier White though my favourite was Moonlight Blue but could not order it due to football alliances!

They say build week is 31! Will put up photos if anyone wants some.

But now I think the 6 series Gran Coupe looks nice :(

I also test drove the Jag and found it creaky and rumbley at low revs - when I was test driving the Evoque.

Pseudonym
14-07-2013, 12:39 AM
I went for Daytona Grey. Almost pulled the trigger on Nirago Blue - But chickened out. My wife drives the family Q5 - which is Phatom black - IMO, a great colour. the flake really pops when it's clean...

Cheers
P.