PDA

View Full Version : Pedal placement

bankhead
17-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I just can't get on with my 2006 1.9 TDI SE. The placement of the pedals are downright dangerous. When I'm on cruise and have to hit the brake, my foot keeps hitting the footrest instead of the pedal. The pedals are all too far over to the right for me, if anything wll make me give up on Audi then this will. I don't want to sound like a moaner but this is a serious problem for me and I doubt if I will ever buy an Audi again because of it.

colb666
18-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Is your car auto? if so try keeping your left foot away from the pedals cos they weren't designed for left foot braking?

bankhead
18-07-2007, 04:52 PM
No, it's manual, just an extremely bad design.

Lex Luthor
18-07-2007, 04:58 PM
When I'm on cruise and have to hit the brake, my foot keeps hitting the footrest instead of the pedal.

Why do you hit the brake and thus flash the brake lights to drop the cruise off?
Just flick the cruise switch to drop it off.

bankhead
20-07-2007, 08:00 AM
It's whenever I have to hit the brake. When my left foot sits on the footrest, it catches between the rest and the brake pedal as my foot is so far to the right. Dangerous to say the least. I am not used to the pedals being situated in the "wrong" place. I spoke to an Audi mechanic yesterday who told me it is a very common complaint and he reckons repeat sales have slowed directly because of it. He has had a number of cars in for accident repair which are directly because of this problem.