PDA

View Full Version : Bora A/C not working, Help please!!

Nookieb
17-07-2007, 03:36 PM
:1zhelp: Hi all, I have a '02 Bora Tdi and the A/C isn't working.:1zhelp:

I have had the whole system refilled (as it was apparently empty) bled and refilled again, and it was also leak checked and all is fine, with that part of the system. The fuse is serviceable, and the A/C light illuminates upon selection, but no change in air temp or engine speed is detected.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to suggest some checks that I maybe able to carry out myself on the system in order to isolate the snag.

Thanks wez.
:beerchug:

Col
17-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Did they chaeck the pressure switch?

This is quite a common fault.

You can eliminate it as a problem by VERY temporarily by passing it. I say very temporary as the pressure can build up very quickly in this system and ruin it as of course the switch may be fine and simply doing its job, 30-60 seconds should be enough.

Nookieb
17-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Cheers for the advice BigCol,
After I posted the thread I managed to find the wiring diagrams for the A/C system from, http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=11268, and after a voltage check at the compressor (0v), I followed the diagram to fuse '5' at the right hand side of the dash and found that it had blown. When replaced everything kicked back into life and icy cold air flew out again :-)
Thanks again

Col
17-07-2007, 09:09 PM
???

Can't see any text ?

Also I'm not downloading that link as it could be anything, virus etc.

Nookieb
18-07-2007, 01:14 PM
the previous msg was as is below, and the link isn't a direct download it just points to the page where i found the schematics, they are downloaded as rar files and are just pdf's, i just thought the link would be handy to people who don't currently have the diagrams, that is why i posted it.

Cheers for the advice BigCol,
After I posted the thread I managed to find the wiring diagrams for the A/C system, and after a voltage check at the compressor (0v), I followed the diagram to fuse '5' at the right hand side of the dash and found that it had blown. When replaced everything kicked back into life and icy cold air flew out again :-)
Thanks again