PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Passat 1.9 TDi AWX Misfire on idle

Stuartd77
28-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi I am gradually getting to the bottom of all the problems with my new Passat 1.9TDi 130 PD but have a strange misfire when the car is idling.

At first it was suggested that, as the clutch was away, that it was a vibration from the dual mass flywheel, not a misfire.

The clutch and DMF have both now been replaced but the misfire is still present! It drives and pulls well but just seems to have this misfire when idling!

Any ideas?

Cheers
Stuart

yaman
28-08-2011, 10:40 AM
It sounds like the wiring harness for the injectors needs replaced,
£50 and an hours labour.

Regards Jim

Crasher
28-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Has it been code read?

Stuartd77
28-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Not been code read yet but hope to have it checked in the next couple of days.

Suspected, having seen previous posts on here that it may be the wiring harness!!!

Cheers for the help
Stuart

PeteK
28-08-2011, 09:28 PM
My car is also an AWX and suffered the same problem last year, it happened just after we experienced heavy snow and the following freeze which meant I had been pottering around at low speeds for a week beforehand. I was convinced it was the flywheel at first as it felt like it had gone out of balance, i then realised that it seemed to be misfiring at idle and low revs but otherwise drove fine above 1500rpm. I replaced the injector wiring loom which seemed to help although it was still rough on idle. After that I used some Forte diesel treatment in a full tank of fuel and the problem disappeared and hasn't occurred again since. It happened at 169k at it has now done 186k. I did clean the EGR valve out a few months later as someone suggested this could have caused it to happen.