PDA

View Full Version : Bora TDi 130 tuning

markt69
09-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Hello Forum, I'm Mark and I'd like some advice before Maybe damaging my engine . I've bought a tuning-box to increase power from 130 to 155 bhp, my problem is that the plug is only a 2 pin connector and I'm worried this is only a resistor in a fancy box.I thought if it was a proper tuning box it would have the round multi-pin plugs . Anybody here able to help., Thanks, Mark

See www.tdi-tuning.com .

PS, Yeah, I know, I should've checked before buying.

mojogoes
10-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Hi there Mark .....what type of tuning box is it and where and how much did you get it from / cost , i see that you may be trying to gain power the most cost effective way be in doing so you may have bought something that isn't going to work as good as an eprom/re-map/chip change..........because the box will only give you more fuel which yes will in turn give more boost but won't be mapped boost .

One of the first things you should do is have a boost gauge fit so you know at all times what and how much boost your producing , when more fuel is added to turbo diesel you automatically get more boost but more importantly to you higher boost spikes too which if not controlled by the second device which you should fit which is called a boostvalve or boost bleed.

This device bleed off boost pressure at a set level which you have set , in doing this you will safeguard your turbo and motor from doing any damage , in any case if you have what you say you do a 130hp pd motor if you went to jabba sport , superchip , revotec , or custom code they would be able to give you around the 180hp figure and the increase of boost pressure from the turbo you need to do so , but you would still need to impliment the boost gauge and valve.

Hope this helps!!