PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

01V5
17-07-2007, 12:50 PM
About a month ago i started having trouble with the keyless locks on my '01 Bora (it was not the battery). Then about 2 weeks ago any sort of remote would not work outside my house. House Alarm, Garage Opener, my dad's Touareg. I'm thinking it could be some type of interference because whenever we go somewhere else, the Bora locks and unlocks fine (Same with my dad's Touareg). Then tonight my auntie visited us and she was saying that the keyless system on her Yaris didn't work outside our house and she had to use the keyhole in the door (as i have been doing much lately). It seems to happen to anyone that comes to my house, with any sort of car.

I'm convinced that it has to be something in near my house, i'm going to speak to my neighbours tomorrow but nothing new has been built (houses, telephone towers, and this problem only started 1 month ago). Because the chances of all access remotes failing at once is like losing all 4 engines on a 747.

What do you think this could be? because sometimes the locking system works fine, but most times (as it has been recently) i have to use the keyhole to lock, unlock etc. (and when it's 9 degrees outside you wanna get in your car as fast as possible!).

All help appreciated!