PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 Diesel 105 or 90 engine

lucid
24-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Just a quick one really...

Just scrabbling for quotes re insurance after it going up 50% and noticed when putting in car reg it kept coming up as a 1.6 diesel (90) engine instead of the 105 it is supposed to be.

Now considering the factory forgot to fit certain things when i got this car I want to check if there is a definitive way to tell whether the engine is the 105 and not the 90 variation other than via paperwork but on the engine itself.

Any ideas, suggestions please?
:confused:

Brian566
24-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Just a quick one really...

Just scrabbling for quotes re insurance after it going up 50% and noticed when putting in car reg it kept coming up as a 1.6 diesel (90) engine instead of the 105 it is supposed to be.

Now considering the factory forgot to fit certain things when i got this car I want to check if there is a definitive way to tell whether the engine is the 105 and not the 90 variation other than via paperwork but on the engine itself.

Any ideas, suggestions please?
:confused:

It on the spec plate in the engine or the page that should have been in the hanbook also check log book

lucid
24-08-2011, 07:48 PM
thanks, where is the spec plate btw it might be some where obvious but before i go out in the rain if u know already that would help, thanks again :-)

Keithuk
25-08-2011, 12:15 AM
The spec sticker is as you open the passenger door its at the bottom of the door pillar. There will be few numbers on it the VIN number, engine code, transmission code, towing weight etc.

Post the code back and I'll tell you which engine is fitted?

It will probably be CAYB - 90hp or CAYC - 105hp

Whats the Smart Repair in your sig?

lucid
25-08-2011, 02:28 AM
thanks I'll check that out 2moro...

the smart repair was included with the GAP insurance sold by the VW Dealer. It covers chips and dents within a certain value and type during the period the GAP covers.

Keithuk
25-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Interesting but that wasn't included with my GAP cover?

Brian566
25-08-2011, 03:49 PM
My white lable spec plate is in the Spare wheel Well left hand side just the same as the Audi

Its the same one they put in the service book " Or Should "

Keithuk
25-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes Brian thats the Options sticker the other half to that sticker in the boot is stuck to the first page in the service schedule.

If you want to write down all the numbers and type them into VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder (http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx) you will see a list of all items fitted to your vehicle when it left the factory, I think I've posted this on here before?

Mine is

B0N = Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Great Britain, various parts
CR8 = Alloy wheels 7J x 17
G0K = 6-speed manual transmission
H6L = Tires 225/45 R17 91W
J0N = Battery 330 A (61 Ah)
D93 = 4-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.0 l/125 kW 4V TDI common rail Base engine is TG3/TH3/TL4/TM4/TP4/TU3
1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
1G9 = Space-saving spare wheel for temporary use, radial tire (5-hole)
2FJ = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel
1NL = Covers for alloy wheels
5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
TG3 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 L unit 03L.A
0BE = Rear stabilizer
3U1 = Foldable trunk cover
QG1 = Service interval prolongation
8AE = Radio "RCD310 MP3"
8GU = Alternator 140 A
8ZH = Antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"
1KD = Disc brakes, rear
1ZA = Disc brakes, front
G07 = Front shock absorption
7MG = Emission standard EU5
0Y1 = Standard climatic zones
4UP = Drivers and front passenger air bag with knee air bag and front passenger air bag deactivation
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation and circuit breaker
4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
N2T = Fabric seat covering
5MD = Decorative aluminum inserts
8RM = 8 speakers (passive)
2JQ = Sports bumpers
E0A = No special edition
0AE = Front stabilizer
0BE = Rear stabilizer
2UC = Sports version
2G5 = Filler neck module 1 without insert
1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design
L58 = Suspension range 58 installation control only, no requirement forecast
0YB = Weight range 2 installation control only, no requirement forecast

Yes that will tell you which engine was fitted at the factory.

If you want to download VAG Option Codes (http://vag-codes.info/files/vag-option-codes.pdf) you can?