PDA

View Full Version : Buying and modding a 3.0 Tdi

keendean
20-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello,

I'm looking at selling my golf anni tdi, and buying a Audi A4 3.0, with the mind to remap it, and if funds allow it fitting an exhaust.
I don't want it too smokey, but think there are a few cats, and a particle filter? What ever that is. They can be mapped to 500 ib/ft, which is more than any of my old petrol cars inc my Evo VI.
I don't know any thing about the Audi 3.0, as in what Cats it has, will the clutch like it, are they reliable mapped etc.
Anyone of here got one, it seems a sensible move, and pretty understated, with a good noise, if fitted with a Miltek.
Any pointers ? There was one for sale, it has to be a convertible, manual, and the guy mentioned its been hard to sell, and sold it for a very low price cicra 11k! Are they not easy to sell, due to them being juicy, many people will want the manual?

Is there anything to be wary of when looking at these cars? I'm looking at the S-line, are they any must have options? I had problems selling my Golf Edition 30 recently due to the low spec.

Any pointers, appreciated. Anyone on here got one?

Thanks, Dean

phatAvant
22-08-2011, 07:06 PM
There is no B8 Convertible out mate, so you might want to post this in the B7 section.