PDA

View Full Version : Strange headlight reflexes/spotlights on both sides?

tadziak
18-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello,
I have recently noticed some strange reflexes/'light spots' when driving with my CC. It's visible on both sides of the car and it looks as if the left reflector produced the spot to the right of the car and the right one - to the left.

I'm attaching a photo, not very good but you can see it on the right side. Note - it's not connected to the windshield, as it's also visible outside the car.

I can see that effect with both - day lights (non xenon) and my road lights (short and long).

Do you think I need some light calibration or what can it be?

Thank you in advance for feedback...

gamichea
25-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I have always had this with my 2009/59 CC. It does not bother me and much more importantly does not seem to bother oncoming traffic as I don't get flashed. I upgraded the bulbs on my car soon after delivery and this did not change the effect in any way so I guess its something to do with the headlamp design. I have not referred it to my dealer.

cc driver
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Now that you have mentioned it, I have noticed this on mine too. Dont think it will bother me.

thax1
02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I only notice this when the car headlights are very clean..... so not generally a problem ;)

Pirate983
23-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Mine does this (June 2011) and my Dad's (Aug 2011). I thought it was a defect with my near-side headlight cover but turns out it's not. It is the near-side head light cover casting the offending refraction but not a fault but just a 'feature' of the shape of the cover. Not much we can do about it and doesn't bother me.