PDA

View Full Version : Smaller wheel options?

andyb2004
17-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know the PCD, Offset etc. of the 17" alloys (mine is an SE estate) and if wheels from older models would fit?
Specifically I'm looking to get some 16" or even 15" wheels set up with winter tyres in anticipation of another slippery season.
I'm wondering if 15" might actually clash with the brake calipers or ABS cables etc?
I'm assuming 16" will be fine as some models have them as standard.
Any info appreciated.

The Fingers
22-08-2011, 09:51 AM
I cannot provide the exact figures you are looking for however..........

The B7 se is basically a B6 with different panels, I would say getting your hands on a set of B6 se wheels will do the job nicely.

I had an awful winter last year in a B6 SE DSG it would not go anywhere (DSG - Doesn't Snow Go)

I am now in a manual B7 SE so i am hoping the manual box will cope better.

andyb2004
25-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Interesting comment on DSG and snow. I have driven DSG and really like it but it was stretching the budget a bit too far.

In case its useful to anyone, I had a look and this is what is stamped inside the wheel
7.5J x 17H2 ET47
and I confirmed the PCD by measuring and its 5 x 112 as expected.
Didn't measure the centre bore but it appears the same as B6 and many others as I hoped.

I will probably go for 16" as I'm not sure 15" will go over the disc/calliper unless someone knows otherwise.

As for traction in the snow - my manual focus would not move on the standard 50 profile tyres - fitting 70 profile winter ones on an old set of small steel 14" transformed it:D