PDA

View Full Version : Question Anyone else got a squeaky dash?

theskyfox
16-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi guys,
as the question says..has anyone else experienced a bit of a squeaky dash in their car? In particular the plastic surround that is around the warning lights?

Ive just taken my car to Southend audi to be looked at, because every time I go over a slight bump it sqeaks like a mouse. Theyre going to take out the dash on friday morning and hopefully quieten it....

-Andrew

jakerade
16-08-2011, 12:55 PM
i had a squeak coming from the middle of the dash which was annoying the hell out of me. It used to come and go.

Eventually I discovered that the noise however was actually coming from an empty coke can in the centre cupholder!! It was the ring pull vibrating!

Stuff in the door pockets has a similar effect

Pauls898
16-08-2011, 05:08 PM
For ages I had an anoying rubing sound, a sore of a squeek, I thought and was convinced it was the leather on the seat or supports under? It turned out to be the seat belt buckel rubbing on the side of the seat lol.

jakerade
16-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I had that as well so i stuck abit of stickyback foam to the buckle and it went away. Also had to rebuild the arm rest as that was like sitting in the rat house at the zoo