PDA

View Full Version : Does this car exist?!

Lister
16-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed a bit of light on a car i'm interested in buying.

It's a "Audi A4 Avant TDI QUATTRO AUTO 2500 (Multitronic)" as described in the Ad, and it's a 99 T.

I'd never really taken any notice of the term 'multitronic' before (just assumed it was another name for the tiptronic gearboxes :Blush2:) so looked it up.

While reading the wikipedia entry for multi-tronic I noticed it said that the box isn't compatible with the quattro system :confused: I googled a bit and can't seem to find any reference to any quattro multitronics. Parkers Price guide doesn't list it as a model either.

I've already emailed the dealer (asked him if it had steering wheel gearbox controls, he replied "the model that has the gearbox controls on the steering wheel is the tiptronic not multitronic") but will ask him to email me a picture of the cabin to see what stick it has.

So, in the meantime, can anyone shed any light on whether the car above might be genuine? Could there be a Quattro Multitronic out there?

Much appreciated,

Martin

Lex Luthor
16-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Could there be a Quattro Multitronic out there?

No. Quattros were always Tip.
See Parker's Guide

Lister
16-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I put the reg no. in one of those car data checks that give you the model before you have to pay and it said...

A4 2.5 TDI QUATTRO AUTO

I've emailed the dealer for a piccy of the gear lever, so hopefully that should give some clues.

Martin

nickynibbles
17-07-2007, 11:22 AM
It'll be a tiptronic!

Froggy
17-07-2007, 11:58 AM
If it's quattro it will definitely be Tiptronic.

And he's talking bobbins about Multitronic not having gear change buttons on the steering wheel. I've got them, but they were an option.