PDA

View Full Version : New Facelifted Scirocco on the Horizon?

WeegieBob
15-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I normally hang out in the Golf forum being that I drive a 2009 Golf GT (140) TDI, however the lease runs out in March of next year and being aware of the lengthy lead times nowadays I've started to think about its replacement. I've looked at a number of alternative makes, but I keep coming back to VW mainly because my 2 and half years with the Golf has been a real pleasure.

I like the Scirocco version of what I drive, but I'm also aware that its been out a while and was wondering if any of you knew if there's a 'facelift' in the offing? I'd hate to order one in the next couple of months only to find out a revised version was due to be launched, say in June of next year. I don't have a problem of being without a car for a couple of months, so waiting isn't an issue.

Thanks for your time, WeegieBob. ;)

ayeaye
17-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Reported to be 2013 or 2014 before any facelift arrives.

As with all models, VW are putting on minor updates to the current model for each MY change, the MY2012 updates from week 22 this year have been very minor (to the extent I can't remember what they are!).
Have a look over on www.sciroccocentral.co.uk as there's a few threads speculating when and what for the facelift.

WeegieBob
17-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Many thanks ayeaye - I check that site out right now.

WeegieBob. ;)

[Edit - Good site. And just as you say, I reckon it answered my question as far as it appears nothing major is definitely on the cards, there might be, but that's speculation rather than fact.]

ayeaye
17-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah seems to be a bit unknown - I'm happy enough with mine and if the design goes the way of the current facelifts of the Passat and Polo, with the Golf probably following suit, I think I'll be sticking with it.