PDA

View Full Version : Question What are the slots in a Golf Plus (or Tiguan) dashboard?

CJJE
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
There are 2 horizontal slots at the top of the Golf Plus dashboard (alongside the hazard light button). As far as I can tell they are not for ventilation, so what are they for? Do they hold a credit card for toll bridges/motorways? Or the toll tickets you get on French autoroutes? What do you keep in yours???

Chris

nielsp
12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi Chris,

Those are like you already thought for holding cards in creditcard format. I use one of the slots to hold the card for the car wash.

Regards,
Niels

Guest 2
12-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Yep, they're probably for credit cards. Audi provide 3 magnificent holders for 3 single coins in some models.

A car wash card?! :(

nielsp
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry, English isn't my native language, but what's strange about a card used for a car wash? It's very common here, you get discounts and can activate the washing process with such a card.

CJJE
12-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys,

And nielsp, perhaps A6_Chris' surprise was that someone would use a car wash rather than a bucket or hose ;-:

In fact, I rarely use them in the UK after a bad experience with scratches, but I believe ours use either cash or a token to operate.

Chris

nielsp
12-08-2011, 09:32 PM
My Audi A4 Avant also had a cardholder but as drawer which is nicer since no cards are sticking out of the dash.

off topic:
Yeah, I understand, I used to wash the car myself, but this car wash is very modern and only uses textile cloth, never had any scratches.

Have a good weekend.

dickinsonron
06-09-2023, 08:10 AM
The usage of a car wash rather than a bucket and hose may have surprised A6_Chris, and you're probably right, nielsp ;-:
mini crossword (https://minicrossword.io/)
I haven't used one in a while because of the risk of getting scratched, but I think they are cash or token operated where I live in the UK.