PDA

View Full Version : Emission warning Light

Sj74
08-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi

new to the forum and hoping someone can help.

My 02 Polo 1.4 16v brought up the Emission waning light while driving on Friday . Car lost a lot of power and was making "chugging " noise from the exhaust. The light was constantly on at that time. managed to get an independent garage to look at it on saturday morning, They ran a proper diagnostic and found a error code for a misfire in cylinder 4. He did a bit of checking and reckoned the coil was not firing so put a new one in. Ran the diagniostic again an no fault showing.

It was slighltly better after that but still not right, the warning light is now flashing. still no power though. The revs drop on the slightest of hills.

The independent garage thought that the injectors may need replacing but he could'nt get the parts so advised that it needs to go into a dealer to get it fixed.

The car had it's 40k service a few weeks back, new plugs, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter etc Not done by a dealer though.

I've booked it into my local vw garage now. Anyone come across anything similar or have any thoughts on what it might be?

Cheers

Si

RickT
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi There,

Did you manage to get this sorted??

RickT