PDA

View Full Version : SE or Sport?

m12oby
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I have a B6 170 sport and am changing to a B7. Can have either SE or Sport. On looking at the spec of both i'm struggling to see the what the extra money really buys! Anyone got any experience of either?

D4D
10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi, I have a Sport, the extra cash gets you the nicer minneapolis wheels (a matter of opinion of course, they are the same size as the SE wheels), the rns-315 ICE, sports suspension (lower & firmer), tyre pressure monitoring system (whole other thread on that one), "pimp" glass, dual zone climate control and sports seats in the front with different fabric.

Having test drove both, the extra's that did it for me (in order of preference) were: sports seats (SE seats didn't have enough lateral support), sports suspension (having come from a sports Volvo, the SE was too soft for me. The sports suspension was just right, a little softer than the Volvo) and the rns-315 (not so much for the sat nav, although that's nice, but for the larger display).

I think this is not a definitive list, chip in if I've missed something :Blush:

The Fingers
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
i have an SE and would say the seats would do it for me alone. I would order a sport if i had to do it all again. You sit ON the SE seats rather than IN them!!!

Other than that its a great car

m12oby
11-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Pimp glass!!!!! Like it!

Got to say i prefer the sports seats in my B6. Thanks for the response though.