PDA

View Full Version : Trip Computer

lee9495
10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Being New to Vag group sorry if this is an easy answer.

There are only 2 settings to record mpg, average speed etc.

Setting 1 only records the last drive you do and resets itself after a few hours.

Setting 2 continues to record the information until you reset it yourself.

Is there a way to stop setting 1 resetting itself?? Gone through the settings but may have missed something.

Setting 1 want to be able to reset every time i refill with fuel, setting 2 just keep it running since ive had the car

Hope someone can help

Issac Hunt
10-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Not possible sadly.

lee9495
10-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Can it be reset with the VAG module? Cant think what you call it....

SunnyBard
10-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Setting 1 want to be able to reset every time i refill with fuel, setting 2 just keep it running since ive had the car
Unfortunately you can't change either to be as you want, you could use #2 as your "forever" one, but #1 will reset after 2(?) hours being stationary

My previous car could be set to automatically reset one of the trip computers at each fill-up, now after getting back into the car from paying for fuel it takes me ages to write down the trip computer readings (for entry into spritmonitor) and zero them.

lee9495
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Unfortunately you can't change either to be as you want, you could use #2 as your "forever" one, but #1 will reset after 2(?) hours being stationary

My previous car could be set to automatically reset one of the trip computers at each fill-up, now after getting back into the car from paying for fuel it takes me ages to write down the trip computer readings (for entry into spritmonitor) and zero them.

Thanks for the reply just cant believe there is no way of having 2 trip computer settings, my Citroen before could, just expected an Audi to at least have that :(

ScottyUK
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
To be honest I'm impressed with how much info is at hand already.

MMI lets you choose which components are displayed and you've also got pages of info. Then you've got two memories. In 99.9% of ituations that's more than adequate.

In your situation I'd use Memory 2 as it's not really that good for much else. All though it gives the impression that it will store everything until it's reset, in reality it appears to reset after so many hours. I think it might be 1000 ?? I found this on my old B8 A4 and on the current one.