PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk 6 2.0 SE TDI 110PS Remap - Should I ? and Recommendations?

LewisSellers
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I'm just doing a bit of research into remapping my Golf.

I've got a 2009 plate Golf 2.0 SE TDI. It's got 110bhp as standard and I've heard that a remap will dramatically improve the performance of the car.

I've heard rumours that my fuel economy can improve (as long as it doesn't cause my fuel economy to go ridiculously low, then I'm not too fussed about this!).

I've been looking at places to get my car remapped and just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on here?

I've spoken to a couple of people who have the Revo remaps, they look very good! Someone I know has a box in their car that has different maps on for different driving styles and thats part of Revo.

If anyone has any recommendations of companies and any ideas what I can expect improvement wise, that would be awesome. I'm based in North Yorkshire so the closer the better (though a trip out might be quite a good way to try the remap out once it's been done!)

Cheers
Lewis

JimC64
11-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Get the remap done, you won't regret it....It'll probably take you to around the 140bhp I'd guess based on around 25% increase, probably cost around the £300 - £400 I'd say.
I've had it done on my Saab 93 1.9tid from 150bhp - 175bhp
Ford Mondeo ST Tdci from 155bhp - 195bhp
Audi A6 from 140bhp - 176bhp

When driven normally ( the key words are "driven normally" you can actually achieve around 10% - 15% increased fuel economy, but in all likelihood you'll tend to give it a little more gas so may see a drop in economy.

I'm not a huge fan of tuning boxes myself, but each to their own.

Sorry I can't help with any places in your area......have you tried our forum vendors?

Good luck

lesvw123
11-08-2011, 08:05 AM
try looking at www.celtictuning.co.uk (http://www.celtictuning.co.uk) i had my mk6 golf done by them and i have just had my tdi 140 scirocco done .the power difference is awesome fuel economy is up also
these guys travel to you at work or home ,have a look on there site and get a quote off them ,they are very helpful guys:D

cookie-monster
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey ive got a bora tdi 115 bhp looking to remap but its a 11 year old car with 120k any ideas if it will do more harn than good just had new clutch and reconed the gearbox

lesvw123
11-08-2011, 10:18 PM
It's done a few miles but then again my brother had a bora with 125 ,000 miles on
It and he had his done and had no problems at all
I have had a 90 bhp bora which was remapped and it knackered the clutch within a month , the same with a 130bhp but once they had the new clutch in I never had any problems with them at all replaced under warranty of course , it could have been down to the wife leaving her foot on the clutch as they do
To remap a 1.9 tdi you notice the power more than the 2ltr they go like hell i would do it you have had a new clutch so it will take the power

cookie-monster
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Ive been told they can get it up to 165 bhp :D lol