PDA

View Full Version : Question Warning lights

tinnytsi
10-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Really simple question this one.... Should I or should I not have a dash warning light for low windscreen washer fluid on my 09 plate ( face lift ) Golf Plus TSi. Dealer seems unable to cure and now says not fitted . Surely this can;t be true.
Ta
Rick:zx11:

SC03OTT
10-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it was part of the winter pack. Do you have that?

CJJE
10-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I think it was part of the winter pack. Do you have that?

I'd agree with SC03OTT. The warning light is usually only installed by VW when you buy the winter pack (as you then get headlamp washers as well which get through a LOT more washer fluid than the windscreen washers).

If you have the winter pack, then it should have been fitted, if not then it might well be difficult to add now.

Chris

tinnytsi
16-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the input all.
I really can't believe that VW are that penny pinching. Surely running out of washer fluid is even more likely if the "winter pack" is not fitted as you only empty the washer bottle once in a blue moon, usually just as you've turned onto a motorway in fine drizzle.
Why, my 15 year old Mazda even had a low fluid warning light...as standard!.
Just a small thing but a big minus mark for VW.
Rick

SC03OTT
16-08-2011, 06:18 PM
It shouldn't be more likely. As the driver of the car, it's your responsibility to ensure all fluids are topped up. A small light to tell you it's empty is nice, but it's not a necessity.

tinnytsi
16-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Yup ! Hands up, I agree entirely, my responsiblility but one would have thought that as the facility is there in the speedo warning light array then they should fit the rest of it . £20,000 list car after all.
Rick

Bob_S
16-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I've never owned a car with a low washer fluid warning light. All I do is when I lift the bonnet to check my oil level I top up the washer fluid (weekly in winter, every two weeks in summer). Simples!