PDA

View Full Version : SE - Fontana - Tyre Replacement

The Fingers
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Anyone had the pleasure of replacing any tyres on a standard issue fontana wheel yet.

They are fitted with a tyre which costs.............wait for it....................£ 237.00 each!!!!!

I hit some debris in the road on friday and lost the drivers front (burst side wall) and drivers rear (massive egg appeared on side) - both goosed, we have leased direct from VW and they only cover wear n tear and punctures. So we had to foot the bill of £ 474.00 fitted at National Tyres. But for that they made sure they filled my washer bottle for me!!!

I dont know if the guy was pulling my pi**er but he said they are a special fitment and to keep them bluemotion tech you cannot fit anything else. (rubbing his hands together!!!)

So when the tyres are up for changing...........................GET READY FOR A BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!

D4D
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi, I've not had the mis-fortune to have to replace any tyres yet. My previous car had a "rare" tyre size: 215 45 17 93W, apparently only Volvo and Mazda use that size, which drives the price up... Worst price I've been quoted was £340 all in, for ONE tyre !

I've had a look about and found a very reasonable price of £129.20 all in. I realise being stranded on the side of the road with two shafted tyres doesn't really give you the option to shop about though !

Details:

The Fingers
09-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Well now i am fuming................:zx11:

I have just looked on nationals own website and these two tyres should have cost me £ 332.00 fitted.

They are claiming that is a web booked offer only. so i rings kwik fit and they are providing a written quote for £306.00 fully fitted.

I am going to write strongly worded letter with a copy of kwik fits quote and a copy of their web page then................let the games begin.

We have a fleet of cars a mile long and i have just had national wiped off the tyre list. for the sake of £ 170 they are going to lose probable £2000 a year in one branch alone.

****** shysters!!!!