PDA

View Full Version : multi cd in a bora

new to vw
16-07-2007, 12:31 PM
hi guy's farther in law has a bora and wants a six stack in the boot......
is the cable alraedy there for a multichanger or has he got to get one from vw.......
reason i ask is because i took a sony one out of my passat and was going to fit it for him,,but could not find the cable when i opened up the first aid compartment......any ideas would be great:1zhelp: :1zhelp:
many thanks
lee

The Mk3 man
18-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Unlikely to have the cable already in place unless the previous owner had a boot changer and took it out, so you'll need to get a cable that runs the full lenght of the car. Your Sony changer probably won't be compatible with the VW head unit without using some kind of adapter. I'd get myself along to a decent car hi fi shop and find out for sure, or try halfords - they stock all the autoleads stuff so they can tell you if you need an adapter or not.

Personally I prefer the 6 disc changer that sits in the dash

martandvic
18-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi mate, i bought a six cd in dash changer for my 99 bora off ebay for £98. This has turned out to be a great purchase (make sure you get the triangle to support it!). It took five mins to take out the radio, remove tray, plug in changer, put triangle in, put changer in and put head unit back in. It looks great being genuine vw and works a treat.
Might be worth thinking about. I personally wouldn't change the head unit.
Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.