PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Alarm 2002 Passat Estate!

EddyStone
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi.
I have an intermittent alarm problem on a 2002 TDi Sport Estate.
Carpets OK. No Water in passenger footwell. Drainage holes in bulkead not blocked.
Problem seems to occure after heavy rain. I believe there have been problems with a sensor/microswitch in the tailgate on Passat Estates!
Has anyone had similar problems or any suggestions.

Thanks Ted

Izalman
08-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi, I bought my '01 130 TDI Sport Estate 4 months ago, when driving in heavy rain....... "glong"..... outside air temp drops to below freezing even though its at least +4c. Worst it ever been is -22c..... takes days to dry out & whilst its doing this the alarm is going off day & night. Are the outside air temp sensor & impact sensor somewhere where the water is not supposed to get?.There is an earlier thread regarding burnt out external air temp sensors, does anyone know where to look?
Local VW *********** asked about the tail gate washers, its not unkown for the water pipe to the tailgate flush & brush to fail flooding the boot locked sensor with screen wash, mine has a pretty good jet so have discounted this. I too have no probs with wet carpets, dry CCD & clean pollen trap drains.

pmax
08-05-2006, 10:18 PM
You could try the bonnet switch, as a collegue of mine had this problem on his 51 plate passat.

EddyStone
13-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Can someone tell me where the bonnet switch is please and maybe the
VW Part Number?
Thanks Ed

pmax
13-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Ed,
The bonnet switch is mounted in the bonnet lock mechanism as shown in the diagram

The Part number is 3B0 953 236 D

Hope this helps

Cheers

EddyStone
13-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Great. Thanks for that will order one tomorrow. It's worth changing it just in case it's faulty.
Ed

eddieh
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I have the 'mind of its own' Passat which wakens the neighbours at 3am. Still trying to track the fault, one clue however. When I lock the doors remotely sometimes the indicators flash immediately, other times they flash after 5 or 10 minutes. All doors, boot, bonnet etc are closed and no interior lights on. Any words of wisdom what might be causing this? :1zhelp:

Carps
03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Could be a faulty closure switch. Next time it is not arming immediately, check to see if the courtesy lights also remain on (including the boot one). If so, then it could be one of the door or bootlid switched. If not, then check the bonnet - you could do this by leaving it open and seeing if it doesn't arm at all, and then close it and see if it does.

Or, better still, get someone local with VAG-COM to scan the car for you - the issue will show up as a fault. Where are you ? I'd be happy to help...

Good luck!
Andy

eddieh
03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Andy,

I'll give it a go, process of elimination I suppose. I'm in Scotland, UK where the snow and rain is prominent this time of the year. I'll also check the possibility of dampness in the footwell.

Thanks again

Eddie

Fatfunkymonkey
20-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi All

I am curently having the same issue with my 53 plate estate.

I had the boot catch changed about 6 months ago after the first time this prolem happened, That time round the dash was telling me that the boot was open when driving which it is not doing now. I have just checked the bonet catch with a multi meter and am getting a defenate on/off reading when the bonnet is open/closed. I have also walked round the car opening all the doors and the light on the dash does come on.

After checking the bulk head there is some water in there, I assume this could cause the problem, Does any one know of a way of getting this out (could be quite hard as it raining heavily at the mo).

Would be great if we could get VW to come up with a resolve for this problem as it seems to be a common one and my naighbours are probably wanting to hurt me right now.....
:aargh4: