PDA

View Full Version : A6 Multitronic ECU fault

krishancanag
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi

I have been told by my audi dealer that my gearbox ECU is faulty, I would be driving and it would jump out of gear (4 times in a month), this was how it started, then the ESP light came on, lost drive totally, once it got stuck in parking and refused to come out.

Now audi say the part is £950 plus 3 hours labour.

I have come across a company doing repairs. Does anyone know if this is a safe bet?
They charge £250, but who is going to remove it and put it back concerns me

Audi common ECU failures (http://www.ecutesting.com/audi_common_ecu_failures.html)

I read in one forum that multitronic issues can be due to wheel speed sensor needs cleaning
cheers

krish

Ja jay deeeeEEE
04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Surely this isnt on a new A6!!

krishancanag
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
No its an 06 plate 2.7 TDi

Guest 2
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Try posting in the C6 section as it's the correct section fo your car. This is the C7 section for the new 2011 car.

pickering01
11-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't know where you are based but a company called Geartorque have done this job lots of times. They will remove the ECU fom the gearbox send it off to the repairer (ECUtesting) and put it back. The total cost is usually around 600 plus VAT. You get a 2 year warranty on the part (only 1 year from audi). Geartorque are based in Bolton. They are excellent guys and the place is spotless. Give them a call and they will help you out. They did the same job on my Audi A4 multitronic (problems selecting reverse).

Mark