PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CC for lamp retro fit

mr neon
29-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey There, I am in the process of retro filling fogs on my 2012 CC Sport. So far the parts are installed and wires ran but...from working with the factory schematic I still cannot get the lights to operate properly.

I need to find out coding and any changes I may need to make to the CECM wiring to get this to work. I also would like to enable the rear fogs as well.

Anyone attempt this as well or have any info of the layout of the CECM of the 2012 CC?

mr neon
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Ok, well looks like no one is doing this but to update. Fogs are installed except for the wiring to the BCM. I did a test with a few chosen pin/slots of the BCM and the fogs work but I lose other lighting of the car...After reading wiring schematics and testing...I am now focusing on the pin/slot#43 plug A of the BCM which is for the front fogs. The issue is that once enabled in VCDS the Euro switch turned to fogs on lights up the cornering lights instead. Totally different pin/slot#.

I am convinced that it is a coding issues to enable the front fogs to operate on the correct pin/slot# but....I think it is hidden in either Byte 18 or in long coding of checking certain bits whihc at this point for 2012 is still unknown. A 2012 R-Line with factory fogs seems to be the only means to answer the coding question of the BCM. After researching the BCM part numbers for a 2012 Sport and 2012 R-Line, I have come up with the BCM being the same or identical except for the coding installed at the factory. I was told by the parts dealer that there seems to be possible 28 factory installed codes for the CC BCM's in relation to options on the cars.

So, if anyone has something to add, speak now!