PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Missfiring ...

ash
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Afternoon all :beerchug:

We have a sudden issue with our 99' Bora 2.0 SE ..

We are getting a missfire, and cant work out what it is ....

At first I thought it might have been some fuel with water in it, but after talking with the garage manager he assures me that the tanks are almost full and that they are not low enough to get any water in the pumps ... when we filled up are tank was on reserve ... maybe I picked up something thats blocking the fuel injection .. ?

I have checked the plugs and leads and they are not loose ...

We have had a new airflow meter a few months ago, so It's not that ...

Cant workout what it can be. It was fine after leaving the garage then a few miles down the road we stopped ... started again and the problem cut in ... kinda still makes me think water in the fuel. I did fill with some more fuel from a different station in the thinking that it might thin it our and make it run better but no effect ... Maybe an electrical fault of some kind .. ?

Any ideas at all ... ??

cheers all :Blush:

stuart
07-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi

Have you checked the ignition coil pack? this could be breaking down when it gets warm/hot... Also, never rule out that new parts are not faulty.. working in the motor trade I have experiance of new parts being faulty;)

Stuart

ash
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Ah right ok ... not being technically minded ... Where abouts is the ignition coil pack, is it the unit that the 4 Plug leads connect too ... ? How would I check it .. ? or is it a case of buying a new one and hoping for the best that its the problem .. ? :Blush:

I rather hope it isn't the MAF Meter again, its been faultless for months .... :(

Thanks Stuart:D

stuart
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi

Do you know what the engine code is, will be 3 letters? If you give me this I will see if I can find what it looks like, and it's location.

Stuart

ash
07-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry, I have to be honest and say no chap, I haven't got a clue .... How would I find out ... ? :approve:

ash
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I had the car checked out by a mechanic friend ( He works for Toyota:Blush:)

He removed the plugs and one of them was very coked up and smelled like petrol ... this was apparently the trouble ..

4 x new plugs and all is well :approve:

Funny thing was .... I checked the plugs :buttkick:

I am a moron ... but a happy one :biglaugh:!

Thanks again for the advice Stuart!