PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got roofbars for your CC and how are you getting on with them?

Shadow CC
26-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi

Need to start thinking about summer hols and the amount of clobber that will need shifting so it's time for some roof bars.

So, anyone got them fitted and how do you get on with them, presumably having to fit round the rubber strip that the window glass goes into.

Any more wind noise?
Nice secure fit?
Any deforming of the rubber when you take them off?
Any brand or type you'd recommend?

A thousand thank you's oh wise forum members.

Shadow CC

matt2e
26-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Any brand or type you'd recommend?

Thule, which I have used for many years, have a CC on their website http://www.thule.com/en/GB/Products - just hover over the Base Racks area and a CC with cross bars hoves into view.

... Can't help with any of your other questions though.

Cheers.

Matt.

acshaw99
16-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi,
I've used the Thule system on my CC for a year now. Am pleased with its performance - a strong mounting with no stability probs. It's the Aero shape I use as there is much less wind noise. Be aware that Thule's instructions for where to position the plastic patches (clear Fablon type) are incorrect. Peel the window rubber aside (credit card suitable for this) and see where the guttering ribs are - these locate in the centre of the Thule feet. Line-up the centre of the plastic patches with these ribs.
Enjoy