PDA

View Full Version : Where is the central locking pump on my Audi Coupe 2.0?

tintin
15-07-2007, 04:40 PM
:confused: :zx11: Hi all. I recently bought the car of my dreams at the right price and locally. A 1994 Coupe 2.0 16v. The car was priced accordingly as it has a few problems but none that stop me getting from A to B. One problem is the central locking does not work. A well respected auto electrician spent hours looking for the wires or air pipes but no luck. He apparently looked in the usual places.....boot,under back seat. The car is going in again for another look this week.Can anyone help please.

stuartmmcfc
17-07-2007, 12:57 PM
i don't know for certain for this model, but on earlier cars its in the boot, drivers side, behind the carpet and shoved in an area around the wheel arch. Hope this helps.

cleggn
19-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I've got a workshop manual for the 80 and the central locking system pump is in the boot - on the right hand side. Move back the trim and beneath a cover lies the pump.

Thing is, I've got a '94 coupe and recently removed much of the boot trim to repair a leak and can't remember seeing anything resembling this on the right hand side of the boot!! Behind the oil storage bin there doesn't seem to be anything!!

cleggn

tintin
26-07-2007, 04:01 PM
thanks for your responses. The second time it went to the auto elecy he was still struggling until luckily an Audi Coupe turned up with a lighting problem and asked the owner to operate his central locking. Apparently, he could hear the pump behind the trim on the offside rear passenger seat (behind the driver) but as yet I've still to explore and confirm and then get the thing working.Will let you know on that one. Had all my belts changed last week but ever since I bought the car,it idles terrible. Mechanic reckons could have crack in the manifold and possible new exhaust. Anybody got a good second hand manifold ????

tintin
27-07-2007, 02:16 PM
OH YES !!! Found the pump. Behind the driver just forward of the offside rear wheel. Pump was sat on a lump of wood. Green air pipes were disconnected. I blew down the boot and petrol cap pipe and seemed no blockages. Same with the other pipe which activated the passenger door but didn't activate the drivers door. I took the bottom off the pump to reveal a nasty looking corroded circuit board. I suspect it has had some moisture ingress which has ruined this board. I also need to know if there is power going to it. Does anyone have a second hand pump for sale ? Weekend again. Ding dang do.

mikedsp
30-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi,
for the Ur Coupe it seems they are all in the RHS boot location described. My pump has stopped working as well - has anyone tried lking at the drvers side door lock switch?

Coupe16v
31-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Does anyone have a second hand pump for sale ?

Try Audibits on Ebay, they will probably have one.