PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2.5 V6 TDI Vacuum Question

Chiefwiggum
23-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Hello :)

I have a v6 TDI and i think i have a vacuum problem, had the RAC come and look at it today and his assessment is that the turbo isn't boosting.

Whats happening is the car will get to about 40 and then loose power, however when the RAC man drove it he wasn't as lead footed as me, so was able to get it up to about 60, but as soon as he stuck his foot down it died (by died i mean it wont accelerate and maintains about 40mph)

This leads me to think that the vacuum system isn't performing correctly and that the engine is suffocated when the turbo tries to boost and it goes in to a sort of limp home mode. (I'm not getting any lights on the dash when this happens)

Looking at the vacuum hoses it looks like someone has had a go at trying to replace them and maybe hasn't put them in the right order - for example the pipe from the turbo acctuator was connected to the vac connection on the solenoid and the main feed was connected to the out connection! also there is a pipe that comes out of the airbox, goes in to a T piece and on one of the ends has a bolt in it!!

I've had a look on google and searched on here but can't find any diagrams of the correct route the hoses should take, can anyone help or direct me in the right direction?

Crasher
23-07-2011, 11:02 PM
You would not get a light on the dash no matter what! The operation of the turbo actuator can be checked using a diagnostic computer in Basic Settings Group 011 but you need a fault code read as well.

Chiefwiggum
23-07-2011, 11:44 PM
The car has been connected to a snap on diagnostic machine and no codes came up. which is why i'm after a schematic of the vac hoses so i can confirm its all working correctly.

Crasher
23-07-2011, 11:46 PM
PM sent.

Chiefwiggum
23-07-2011, 11:51 PM
PM sent.
Thanks for your PM, i've mailed you as requested - My post count isn't high enough to pm you back thought!! ;)

Chiefwiggum
24-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I think I've sorted it! I'd still like to check a schematic to see how close i've got but i've followed the hoses through with a bit of logic and the turbo acctuator is now moving and you can hear the turbo spinning :D - the test drive was much better than any previous drive

Chiefwiggum
24-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks Crasher for the Schematics, my set up is completely different so a trip to VW is in order to get the bits i need to sort it out!