PDA

View Full Version : Fabia radio cassette problem

Paulfabia
15-07-2007, 03:12 PM
:1zhelp: The display on the cassette radio in my wife's Fabia says 'phone' and will not play. Is the radio u/s or do I need to press a button combination to get it working again? Any help would be appreciated as my wife thinks I'm a mechanical genius and I would hate to dissapoint her!:Blush2:

Ben
15-07-2007, 03:34 PM
'Phone' on the display would indicate that it thinks there is a phone is in use and will mute the stereo.

At the rear there should be a wire that connects to the telephone device, so when the telephone is in use it courtosey mutes the radio.

Has this wire been connected incorrectly or has it move in contact with something to cause this?

Paulfabia
15-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion and yes that sounds the likely reason for the display message, only problem is the radio is original equipment and not been worked on, also no kind of 'phone equpment has been installed.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated before I take it to a dealer and hand over some hard earned!

Froggy
24-07-2007, 04:42 PM
The phone function works by being earthed.

So if by some miricle something has got in the connector and earthed it out, you'll get the fault you are describing.

Highly unlikely if it is original equipment, but worth a look. If not, it's a duffer.

Paulfabia
25-07-2007, 06:01 PM
:beerchug:
Info helpful, will investigate further, or maybe fit cd player!