PDA

View Full Version : Please Help cabriolet fun and games...........

wacky77
22-07-2011, 07:50 PM
hi all, just bought a 98 1.8 cabbie with a manual roof and it has a few issues, I've no problem stripping the car down but have never had a cabbie at all so would greatly appreciate any help, issues are-
Roof light flashing when the roofs up and on solid when its down?
Black button next to drivers door does nothing? (supposed to open the storage flap apparently?)
It appears to have had the bootlid wiring near the hinges repaired already, I've checked continuity across the repair on all the wires and they're all good.
The link rod for the device that locks the boot when the roof flap is open has been disconnected, it looks like it would hold the boot locked if it was refitted regardless of what I do with the roof.....
Although they worked when I picked the car up the drivers door window switches now don't work, nor does the passenger door switch. With the one touch switch on the centre console all except the drivers window work?
any advice greatly appreciated...

wacky77
22-07-2011, 10:24 PM
well been having a play and sorted the roof issue out, works perfectly now. Unfortunately the seller didn't actually know how to operate the roof properly and told me how to do it wrong, he made no mention of the black button in the drivers door jam and told me to open the roof storage cover using the 'emergency' tabs on the latches themselves. This caused the roof ecu to have a fit lol.
Using the correct sequence has sorted it out and everything works as it should, happy as a pig in .... saved me a day of pointless multimetering and rewiring......
Just the window switches to deal with now which after some research I believe is a relay under the steering column.