PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 2011 SE - headlamp conversion for continental driving

aj2wilson
21-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Never seen so many instructions in the leaflet with the converters....I am presuming as we have standard headlamps that they are halogen & standard (i.e. not projector style or xenon).
Has anyone actually managed to fit these stickies - we have used them on lots of previous cars but always seemed to have ridged lampglass to help us - clear glass is a bit alarming and not sure of getting it right first time.
Any advice please!

a8 tech
21-07-2011, 09:50 PM
There are correct easy fit audi stickers for around £60 as the after market stickers are rubbish.I drive to France twice a year and normally the only night driving I do is from the ferry or to the ferry, I have the after market stickers in the car but I just adjust the headlight aim lower to prevent glare for oncoming drivers.
I only used the stickers once and found it near impossible to see as there are few street lamps and its mostly pitch dark
Headlight (driver's side): –
Remove protective backing from masking foil.
Apply the masking foil flush around the edge -2- of the headlight lens.
Adhere the masking foil on the headlight lens, as shown in illustration. – Separate marking foil -1- from masking foil -3- at perforation -arrow- and then remove again from headlight lens.

Headlight (passenger's side): –
Remove protective backing from masking foil.
Apply the masking foil flush around the edge -2- of the headlight lens.
Adhere the masking foil on the headlight lens, as shown in illustration. – Separate marking foil -3- from masking foil -1- at perforation -arrow- and then remove again from headlight lens.

aj2wilson
21-07-2011, 10:10 PM
We've driven hundreds of miles in France before with the standard stickers with no problems.....but I really am not going to shell out £60 for audi ones! I presume the ones you have illustrated are the audi ones as they don't bear any relation to the AA-approved ones I have (which look like a comet)?

a8 tech
21-07-2011, 10:34 PM
use the pictures as a guide for the aa stickers and it was only advise not a request to use the oem stickers

like i said i do not use the stickers at all and pre set my lights via the mot headlight tester as tourist mode for continental driving with xenon only lowers the beam pattern

so i just do the same with my halogens and have yet to be flashed at

i travel through very dark forest regions to my family home in Pontivy and need good illumination as the roads are very tight and twisty with little if any road markings and a few big drops if you get it wrong

as you know the French will flash you if there blinded

vwcabriolet1971
21-07-2011, 10:50 PM
£60 for stickers ! I bought VW acrylic headlamp protectors with stickers for my MK6 Golf for £40 . They fitted perfectly and can be re-used many times over. Seems that Audi parts prices are OTT !

eno394
22-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I can adjust mine in the MMI menu to continental mode? Try this.

aj2wilson
22-07-2011, 11:08 PM
No - that only works if you have the Xenon and fancy MMI...which we don't!