PDA

View Full Version : Highline MFD Settings

Brian566
18-07-2011, 09:00 PM
I have just been checking the Owners Manual on the MFD settings and found two that are not on mine.

Manual Reads
Under conveniece menu :it shows ATA confirm to switch Alarm Chirp on/off
Lights and Vision menu :Ambient Lighting Brightness of backround lighting

Has anybody found these on there set up ?

There was a post about setting the Alarm chirp by Vagcom ! but has it now been put on the MFD menu or is it higher spec Models

Berisford
18-07-2011, 09:18 PM
That's the problem with Owners Manual, it covers all versions for all markets, loads of stuff is not applicable to my Match.

Keithuk
19-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Yes I read that for the US MFD settings, I don't recall seeing the ATA either Multifunction display (MFI or MFD) FAQ and menu settings on VW Golf and Jetta TDI (http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/multifunction-display-VW.htm)

hartry
19-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I have the ambient lighting dimming as I have the ambient lighting pack in my CC - the footwell lights are on all the time the external lights are on, as are four lights strips, one in each door, beneath the trim strip - this menu item dims those.

The ATA confirm I also have since I enabled it with VCDS, when it is ticked the car beeps when you lock it. I think US cars come with this option enabled from the factory hence it being in the manual.

Rhigour
19-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Why would you want the alarm to chirp ? You can hear the mighty clunk as the door locks operate from 20 yards away.

hartry
19-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I can't on mine mate

Keithuk
19-07-2011, 08:04 PM
My thoughts exactly Rhigour plus the indicators flash?

hartry
19-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I suppose it's just preference Keith, sometimes when I'm struggling away from the boot with an armful of say 30kg server and trying to press the keys through my trouser pocket to lock the car behind me, the beep is reassuring believe me!

Brian566
20-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Why would you want the alarm to chirp ? You can hear the mighty clunk as the door locks operate from 20 yards away.

As far as I am aware it only chirps if all four doors are locked if one dorr open it does not chirp so usefull if sombody has left a rear door open

Hughesynights
20-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I have just been checking the Owners Manual on the MFD settings and found two that are not on mine.

Manual Reads
Under conveniece menu :it shows ATA confirm to switch Alarm Chirp on/off
Lights and Vision menu :Ambient Lighting Brightness of backround lighting

Has anybody found these on there set up ?

The ambient lighting option only shows if it is fitted. On the Golf it is part of the Luxury pack.
It's nice to be able to set the lighting level in 5% increments.

HHGTTG
20-07-2011, 10:53 AM
As far as I am aware it only chirps if all four doors are locked if one dorr open it does not chirp so usefull if sombody has left a rear door open

Chirping alarm sets are a bloody nuisance and should be banned by law!

hartry
20-07-2011, 10:16 PM
If you had heard how subtle the chirp on a vw is, you wouldn't have said that, hhgttg. Cantankerous old men however are another matter.

hartry
20-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Also for example it doesn't beep if you hold the remote lock button down to close the windows and they don't finish closing for some reason.

HHGTTG
21-07-2011, 09:03 AM
If you had heard how subtle the chirp on a vw is, you wouldn't have said that, hhgttg. Cantankerous old men however are another matter.

Sticks and stones. etc. etc. However it is pretty clear to most people including myself, whose hearing should be impaired by now due to my age, that it is very obvious when the doors have been closed via the handset providing you are so far away from the car that it might be out of range.
Our world is overloaded with extraneous noises nowadays without adding to it by unnecessary ones. I consider chirping alarm sets to be another one, that's all.
Enjoy your day and hope you don't come across too many people like me. Old in years but young in heart.