PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Passat CC GT coming home lights

akashsp
17-07-2011, 11:12 PM
hey guys, my dad just bought a new 2011 Passat cc gt in white. i am based in the uk and cannot get my coming home lights to work...as soon as the key is pressed to turn the engine off, the lights turn off...however when unlocked the leaving home lights turn on! any help? this is really bugging me!

Thanks

johnloaderuk
18-07-2011, 12:47 PM
hey guys, my dad just bought a new 2011 Passat cc gt in white. i am based in the uk and cannot get my coming home lights to work...as soon as the key is pressed to turn the engine off, the lights turn off...however when unlocked the leaving home lights turn on! any help? this is really bugging me!

Thanks

You need to pull the high beam stalk towards the driver after the ignition has been turned off, this activates the coming home feature. I have no idea why this is now set like this, as my 2005 Passat did it completely automatically for you. It does explain this somewhere in the handbook.

akashsp
18-07-2011, 12:49 PM
okay thanks for your help... bit of a stupid way to activate them but will have to do :)

hartry
19-07-2011, 05:33 PM
You can configure them to come on automatically when it's dark.... but you'll need VCDS (or to find someone with VCDS who can help).

akashsp
19-07-2011, 05:50 PM
ahh i see well is it complicated to do?

hartry
19-07-2011, 07:52 PM
ahh i see well is it complicated to do?
I would say not but I guess it depends on whether you're a geek or not!