PDA

View Full Version : no sound with linux?

scotty33
16-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I installed Linux mint debian on my pc. The creative audigy 2 soundcard is not responding, neither is the onboard sound.
I believe I have the correct drivers (they came with the o/s) just seem to be not working/configured. If somebody knows how to go about this and does not mind leading me by the nose through it, I'd be grateful. Not too computer savvy, some of the Linux terms I find confusing

Sam
18-07-2011, 09:33 AM
The beauty of using Linux is that whatever issue you may have, someone else has already had it and another 10 people have solved it for them.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11944&start=0

Have a read of the above and post back if you get stuck :)

scotty33
18-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks Sam,

that info is better than the threads I found on the Linux forum. Before posting here I did try some of the commands in terminal did'nt get anywhere. Seems the first hurdle is to turn the Intel on board sound off in bios....

RichardFrench
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I installed Linux mint debian on my pc. The creative audigy 2 soundcard is not responding, neither is the onboard sound.
I believe I have the correct drivers (they came with the o/s) just seem to be not working/configured. If somebody knows how to go about this and does not mind leading me by the nose through it, I'd be grateful. Not too computer savvy, some of the Linux terms I find confusing

You're correct in thinking you need to disable the onboard sound card first.
It may not be the best OS if you're not too into programming and stuff as all Linux distros take time and effort to get working as you like.

When you get compatibility problems with software you should check out Winehq.org ;)