PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 with a sad face :-(

robbie21mcn
16-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi guys i just purchased a 95000 mile with service history late 2004 a4 1.8t and need some help and advice. the car itself drives fine in d mode as long as you are light on the accelerator but if you put the foot down has barely any power and in s mode is definetly not sporty as it takes a few seconds to even pull away. The engine sounds fine and changes up and down gears fine with the gearshift and steering wheel buttons with no jerking movements. there seems to be a lack of transfer of power from the engine to the wheels. the engine management light was on when i got it and in hindsight i should never have taken it from the trade dealer but i had already part exchanged my own car and cancelled its insurance and stuff. They are taking it back in on wednesday to read the code and sort any probelms. The engine is quiet an seems to run fine with no jerky movements or nasty noises. the car was sitting quite happily at 70mph on the motorway. could a limp mode limit the cars performance slightly or is there something really wrong with this car?? i am so worried. i thought an audi would be a great investment. :(