PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra 1.9 Tdi BHP?

ericthehalfab
14-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi

I am hoping to buy a Alhambra from around 1999/ 2000 and have read that the 1.9 Tdi 110 bhp is better than the 90 bhp.

What are the obvious differences in engine, computer or gearbox to look for when I am viewing these cars. I supect a lot of the owners don't really have this information and I can' tfind anything useful on the web.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Lex Luthor
14-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Look at the data sticker in the service book or near the spare wheel well for the engine output in KW.
The engines are visually identical.

ericthehalfab
14-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Look at the data sticker in the service book or near the spare wheel well for the engine output in KW.
The engines are visually identical.
Thanks for the info. Will try to sleuth out the power using suggested methods.

I suppose I might become a regular on this forum if I take the plunge and get a SEAT. Just don't get me started on Renault Scenics at the moment.

Thanks again.

rikwalter
15-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi there,

Go for the Alhambra, it is by far the best value for money second hand MPV out there.
If you can, go for the later model with the PD130 engine, excellent with decent economy.

Matt1e
15-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Got a PD 130 and had a 115 prior to it. The PD130 is fantastic mate if you can stretch to it. go for the SE also as this has everything as standard !!!.

Dozz
17-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I've got a 115 which has been chipped. Go's really well now and does a wee few miles more to the gallon. Just to let you know the automatics have a serious flaw in the box which leads to mega expensive rebuild later ones had a modified part to stop it failing

Robin Vitiello
11-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi. I 'took the plunge' with an 02 Alhambra about 3 years ago. Got the 115 bhp model that has 6 gears. That sixth gear is great on the motorway taking the revs down and improving fuel economy.

Generally when the wife is using it for the shorter runs it returns around 40 per gallon and on a long run the best we have returned is mid 50's.

Good reliable car with a few little glitches as most cars have but nothing terrble (so far)

Watch out for worn drop links that can cause a clunk going over potholes, and apparently the external drive shaft (the one with the uj in the middle is prone to failure (it went on mine but I have it covered by an annual warranty so no problem.

Overall though good car.