PDA

View Full Version : Question mk2 vr6 to 20vt conversion question

josh_28
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
hi,

ive got a mk2 jetta (i know this is the golf section but thought more gets done on golfs to jettas) its currently a vr6 converted one and i want to change to a 20vt as engines on its way out and im not happy on the conversion previous owner did..

but question is as its mk3 vr6 widetracked are the mount locations the same for the 20vt block or will i need to go back to mk2 ones?

please reply, wanna know before i take the vr6 out so i can either by a 20vt engine or another vr6?

cheers josh

Crasher
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM
It depends on how it has been done, is it four stud or five stud? The job that sorts the men from the boys is the wiring, most people handy with a spanner can do the conversion but the wiring usually stumps them. You will have to decide which management system to go for and you will also need to change the gearbox.

josh_28
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
5 stud for my borbet's :).. wiring ive been reading up on and found plenty on but just wanted to know if i need to replace the subframes or if the current will be fine.

im well happy with my jetta just the engine conversion previous owner did was a wiring nightmare he cut the loom here there and everywhere and even cut the diagnostics so when i had a problem few weeks ago couldnt plug it is....

heres my beaut..

Crasher
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
You should be OK to drop in an AGU engine/box when you have decided on which management system to run.