PDA

View Full Version : audi cab 1998 2.6 v6 tuning?

tdigolf
05-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I know this has been asked before but alot of people say a modification to the throttle body can push them up to 170 from 150, does any one know anything about this? also i need a new exhaust soon. Milltek dont do one for it so does anyone know of one simular? I dont want a really loud or boyracer one just a nice sounding one like a milltek!!

Regards Tom

adamss24
05-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Bull s*it. max 5 Bhp by remapping the ecu, nothing else...

Crasher
05-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Tuning the ABC is a waste of time, it needs cubes, not air.

tdigolf
05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
thanks for the help, i just find it hard to believe that a engine that size can only put that out.. I am sure i read some where that the throttle bodies can be modded, whats the difference between these and the s4 v6? Is it possible to drop a s2 engine in? Mine has a auto box.

Regards Tom

scotty33
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I thought I replied to this already?
The hp can be boosted but would need a lot of work to a lot of parts. Some people get modest results with 2.8 tuning by modding the throttle body AND the MAF sensor housing, the 2.6 does not use a MAF sensor. mods to the throttle body alone as others have said, will not give any where near 20hp.
The S4 v6 has another 18 valves and 2 turbochargers to help things along! The engine has been fitted to coupes, so no reason it could not fit the cab engine bay. it is a great deal of work and needs the chassis rails altered, to clear the turbo's (or custom exhaust manifolds)
Academic I think, as the autobox won't live with the power/torque.
The S2 engine could fit and would be a bit more straightforward, still probably too much power/torque.
try longlife or powerflow for a 1 off exhaust in stainless?