PDA

View Full Version : Seat Covers

avant rob
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
hi all ive a 58 s line with leather but want some front seat covers which will fit, the nylon jobs will be great, removed the old ones which fitted my 130 sport no probs even with the bucket hugging seats but they wont fit my new s line????
tried e bay and ordered some which never arrived they claimed to fit all and had airbag openings.

if anyone has covered there seats in an s line please let me know with which product and how much it cost
thanks in advance
rob

avant rob
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I cant believe nobody here has not covered there lovely clean leather s line seats, to protect them (especially the drivers side) to keep then looking great. please post if you can help me as mine are getting slightly worn with 98k miles on the clock and i need to look after them.

Cobstar
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Also interested to hear what people have used.

I've had mine S Line Avant for just under a month and still haven't found a suitable seat cover to protect the leather and alcantara on the driver's seat. Currently have a black sheet draped over the seat for when I take the car to the stables to see the four legged horsepower.

ScottyUK
05-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I cant believe nobody here has not covered there lovely clean leather s line seats, to protect them (especially the drivers side) to keep then looking great. please post if you can help me as mine are getting slightly worn with 98k miles on the clock and i need to look after them.

From the other side of the room :

I can't believe people would have lovely leather s line seats and then cover then in nylon.

I'm low mileage and hence mine will probably wear faster per mile (more getting in and out) but I won't cover them. I paid for full leather so I'll be stuffed if they're gonna hide under nylon!

I kind of get that you may wish to protect your residuals but I still wouldn't do it. That's like buying a car and not using it to keep it fresh.

Anyway - just thought I'd throw in another point of view as to why no one has an answer ;)

kodkod.84
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM
+1 Scotty, the reason I like the leather is it's wipe clean. Me and a friend recently got back from a kayaking trip and the seats were filthy- let them dry and then hoovered the dry mud off, simples- yeah sure the drivers bolster is showing a bit of wear but not bad for nearly 100k mile. I'm more concerned about the footwells being kept clean and dry hence rubber mats in the front.

Must be a pain for alcantara owners- well worn alcantara looks really tacky when shiny

Cobstar
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not convinced the alcantara on the S Line seats will wear or stay as clean as that on the RS2. I never covered the RS2 front seats and managed to keep them clean and in good condition - even with daily visits to the horses. The S2000 had plain leather and again I didn't cover them - just cleaned them regularly. Maybe I just need to be brave - or go down the overalls for me route LOL

ScottyUK
05-07-2011, 06:17 PM
+1 Scotty, the reason I like the leather is it's wipe clean.

I've got a 2 year old and a 6 year old. There was no choice ;)

Zenerdiode
05-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Seat covers? Erm, no thank you. Me being a pedant, I would worry about the airbags not deploying correctly if they couldn't burst through the cover.

To give the seats a good deep clean, take the shine off and restore the smell, I use zymöl Leather Cleaner. It's surprising how much dirt it lifts from the sets.

nawaid
05-07-2011, 07:15 PM
ermm if my seats start looking crappy then ill just buy a new car..simple as!

SunnyBard
06-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I can't believe people would have lovely leather s line seats and then cover then in nylon.

Exactly, I buy a nice car for me to enjoy. Sure, I do what I can to get a decent price when I come to sell it, but not to the extent of reducing my enjoyment for the benefit of the next owner :p

avant rob
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
well you lot obviously dont jump in and out your cars dressed in workwear! (electrician)I wear overalls normally but often just cargo work trousers and they are often grubby not dirty so its nice to just jump in and not worry how grubby. There are signs of wear at nearly 100k so im just looking after my investment as well the hassle factor of making sure im not grubby each time i get in my pride and joy. so if anyone has managed to find a set at a reasonable price what tick all the boxes size, airbags etc please let me know or ill be cutting my previous set up which as it happens left my 130k a4 seats in showroom condition and was a joy to take them off when they were not needed at weekends and holidays :)

ScottyUK
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Seems reasonable ..... although getting airbag friendly covers seems like it'll be a challenge.

CarbonS4
09-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Seems reasonable ..... although getting airbag friendly covers seems like it'll be a challenge.

Try these, as used by surfers and Sea Kayakers

http://store.magicseaweed.com/Town-%26-Country-Airbag-Seat-Cover/Item/687/

Perry
12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I kept my interior spotless, no drink food or smoking allowed. But when I had dealers check over it for PX value, they didn't look at the interior, just the mileage. Made me think, What's the point?