PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it

faithsmummy
29-06-2011, 05:10 PM
The reverse lights on my sister's A4 2.4SE manual don't work. Checked the bulbs and they're fine. Went to check the switch.... W T F.... can't find it:confused: Can anyone advise me where it is please?

Thanks, Nick.

Crasher
29-06-2011, 05:24 PM
We have just done one on exactly the same car and I am not exaggerating when I say it is a complete PITA to get at. The switch is right on top of the gearbox on the drivers side and is held down with a big leaf spring which is bolted down with a 13-mm headed bolt. With the spring removed, you have to get the switch (which is huge) out of the box and it is held in by an O ring which does not want to let go, when it did my hand together with switch flew up and smashed against the bottom of the car drawing blood, at which point I said Oh bother, that hurt a little, or something like that. Then you have to get the wiring out which runs across the top of the box to the passenger’s side. Getting the switch in is evil, even with the O ring lubricated with washing up liquid.

faithsmummy
30-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks Crasher. Did you access it from the top, where the gear linkage is, or.....?

Crasher
30-06-2011, 04:56 PM
No, from below , hands pushed up above the gearbox, it is a long way forward of the linkage.