PDA

View Full Version : iPhone connectivity

Nightowl4933
28-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Has anyone, in the absence of rSAP bluetooth compatibility, found an alternative solution to connecting an iPhone 4 to a MkVI GT?

Thanks,

vc-10
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Get an Android? :-)

This came up when I googled: http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/car-electronics-satnav-i-c-e-multimedia/118649-urgent-iphone-use-vw-rsap-bluetooth.html

gold1640
02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Another question on relating to an iPhone:-

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 3GS and wondered whether the MDI iPhone cable would charge the iPhone?
Searches on the Internet would suggest not - is there an adapter or cable available?
I'm only really interested in the charging bit, after being disappointed not to find a 12v aux socket in the centre armrest of the Passat.

Darklien
16-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Another question on relating to an iPhone:-

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 3GS and wondered whether the MDI iPhone cable would charge the iPhone?
Searches on the Internet would suggest not - is there an adapter or cable available?
I'm only really interested in the charging bit, after being disappointed not to find a 12v aux socket in the centre armrest of the Passat.

I have an iPhone 4 and the MDI charges my phone when I connect it to the cable. Also connected an iPhone 3G (older model) and that also charges. When you connect the cable the iPhone will give you the option to either play music or charge. As I recall it reads the connection as a docking station and as such presents you with the 2 options I mentioned previously.