PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Performance help !!!

hybridTOM
26-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi guys im new here on this forum i was wandering if anyone could help me out please i have a Audi a4 b6 1.9tdi pd30 with a few performace mods which are

2.5" powerflow exhaust system 1 box (non res)
decat
allard egr delete
turbo techniques hybrid turbo (my original one bored out to have the pd 170 tdi internals ) capable of 249.9 bhp
revo stage 2 remap first one they made they told me so was custom but they didnt take my car
motosport fmic
i went and had a roaling road done to see what bhp i was running i was hoping to hit at least 200bhp but the results were crap in my mind ...

results were
Ambient air temp 25 degrees c
168.4bhp
396.0 nm of torque
wheel power 118.1 bhp ......

the problem i was told buy the main man at the dyno center was that my intake air temp was 71 degrees c!!!!!!! he sed it should be about 35/40 degrees c..

can any 1 tell me what could be the problem why my bhp is so down .. but i dont get why my nm torque is so good ???

any advice for better tuning or people who have have simular problem would be amazing .. thanks guys !!

Crasher
26-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Torque is what matters and perhaps you have a dyno that does not give ******** Horse Power and after all, BHP is only torque multiplied by road speed. I remember the first time a dyno chap told me the truth, it was manhood shrivelling but it was the truth, not BS. As to the IAT, was this charge air temp or intake air temp at the Air Mass Meter? What type of air filter are you running?

hybridTOM
27-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Yer that's true I was just a bit peed of to be honest ive done all them mods and all ive gained is 38 bhp!!! The stage 1 remap should take it to 170 bhp and the stage to should be 10-15% on top of that so at minimum it should be about 185 then add the hybrid turbo an exhaust system on and fmic ?? That's why I was thinking about 200bhp.. I was running standard air box and filter .. I read up the upgraded cone filters and panels actually drop bhp and torque on a diesel .. And it was manifold air intake sensor sayin 71 degrees c .. The advice he gave me was either the MAf sensor in F****d or my fmic is doing nothing cuz it's a cheap eBay special .. He sed put the standard smic back on an see what happens .. I just want to know really what the intake temp should be on average and if mine is to high ???

Crasher
27-06-2011, 10:53 AM
It does look like the intercooler is not doing its job, in that situation I would have water misted the intercooler under load to see if the temp dropped.