PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Brian566
24-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi All
I have just moved over from the Audi Section I have just parted with my 2006 A3 2.0 TDI SE as I had two expensive dealer repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I could not run to a New replacement " No Disscounts at Audi"

I Decided to go with a New Golf as Good Disscount on Stock Cars 1.4 TSI Match and up to press verey impressed with performance and gadgets.

HHGTTG
24-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi All
I have just moved over from the Audi Section I have just parted with my 2006 A3 2.0 TDI SE as I had two expensive dealer repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Decided to go with a New Golf as Good Disscount on Stock Cars 1.4 TSI Match and up to press verey impressed with performance and gadgets.

Wait until all the rattles start, as sure as night follows day, they will - unfortunately!

percymon
24-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi All

Shame about the Audi dealers attitude, but you can get 9% if not more quite easily.

Good luck with the Golf, you'll be visiting the petrol station a bit more often than you've been used too. If you haven't already got it, buy the 3 services for £250 package as it'll save you about £170.

Brian566
24-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the Info just need to increase my music colection !

Brian566
24-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Shame about the Audi dealers attitude, but you can get 9% if not more quite easily.

Good luck with the Golf, you'll be visiting the petrol station a bit more often than you've been used too. If you haven't already got it, buy the 3 services for £250 package as it'll save you about £170.

Some dealers seem reluctant on the A3 as the waiting list is 4 month They whil discount the 1.6 petrol but that lacks the performance and lots says it underpowered that why the have a lot on the forcourt
Plus would stretch my Budget and I have reduced my Mileage alot so that why I went for Petrol

I have seen the service package and is a good saving

Keithuk
24-06-2011, 01:05 PM
You don't say how long you've had your new Golf for?

Well if you don't have it already then you only have 31 days to make your mind up.

Brian566
24-06-2011, 01:54 PM
You don't say how long you've had your new Golf for?

Well if you don't have it already then you only have 31 days to make your mind up.

Picked up on Wednesday so sorting out next week " thanks for Info "

PhilDon
25-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Wait until all the rattles start, as sure as night follows day, they will - unfortunately!

at the risk of tempting fate.............mine is 2 and a half years old now and it doesn't rattle !

I've just got it back after a repair when some kind person reversed into me in a car park
had a seat leon hire car for a week - a reasonable enough A-B machine, but a complete shed compared to the golf

welcome and enjoy your car - I'm sure you will

Gerryf
25-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi Brian and welcome to the Golf section :), I'm hard pressed to fault my 1.4 122...
certainly no rattles.....the way rain water cascades into the car on occasion is my biggest gripe....and that's saying something coming from a man that used to fault cars for a living....lol

Lots of gadgets on the well spec'd. Match.....enjoy.

Darklien
25-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I have had my TSI 1.4 Match for about 3 weeks and came from a Civic (new shape, 1.8). I have to say that it has so far lived up to all the good press regarding the engine performance it is very refined and appears very well put together in comparison to the Honda. A very good level of gadgets, i am enjoying it so far and i believe you will also enjoy yours. All the best!!

Gerryf
25-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Good luck with yours too Darklien :), most of us moaned about the supply delays but soon changed out tune once the car arrived :)

Rhigour
25-06-2011, 04:51 PM
When it comes to rattles the first thing to try is opening and shutting the sun specs box above the rear view mirror. Only thing on last car that ever rattled and that was because it was not shut properly.

ross980
25-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Mine doesn't rattle either

Brian566
25-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the posts Glad to see the VW Forum is just as Pro-active as the Audi one

I will look forward to a active 3 years

Keithuk
26-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Well now that you've moved from the Audi forum Brian perhaps you can add a litle info to your signature then users won't need to ask what you drive. You will notice that most regular users show this?

2011 1.4 TSI Match plus what ever other options you've had?

Brian566
26-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Well now that you've moved from the Audi forum Brian perhaps you can add a litle info to your signature then users won't need to ask what you drive. You will notice that most regular users show this?

2011 1.4 TSI Match plus what ever other options you've had?

Just done I had put it in the wrong box !

Rhigour
26-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes! Match just about says it. Front and back parking bloopers , 16" alloys, RCD510 radio/CD,carbon effect trim, twin chuff. What more can a man want ?

Brian566
26-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Some dealers seem reluctant on the A3 as the waiting list is 4 month They whil discount the 1.6 petrol but that lacks the performance and lots says it underpowered that why the have a lot on the forcourt
Plus would stretch my Budget and I have reduced my Mileage alot so that why I went for Petrol

Can you confirm your service quote is it £250 is that plus vat and is it 2 years or 3 As I can only see it on the configerator £299 plus vat ? the only other is the Vw web site £350 for 3 years !!! ring dealers tomorrow

SRGTD
26-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Can you confirm your service quote is it £250 is that plus vat and is it 2 years or 3 As I can only see it on the configerator £299 plus vat ? the only other is the Vw web site £350 for 3 years !!! ring dealers tomorrow

The 3 year fixed price service plan that can be had as an option when you order a new VW's used to cost £250 but the price increased to £299 earlier this year. It is inclusive of VAT - check out the pricelist brochures on the VW website which shows the price as £249.17, VAT £49.83, Total £299. Still good value though. I've ordered it on my Golf - not certain if you can buy it at this price after you've taken delivery though.

Brian566
27-06-2011, 07:40 PM
The 3 year fixed price service plan that can be had as an option when you order a new VW's used to cost £250 but the price increased to £299 earlier this year. It is inclusive of VAT - check out the pricelist brochures on the VW website which shows the price as £249.17, VAT £49.83, Total £299. Still good value though. I've ordered it on my Golf - not certain if you can buy it at this price after you've taken delivery though.

Thanks just been on to dealer still ok for £299 for 3 years done !

Darklien
16-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Yes! Match just about says it. Front and back parking bloopers , 16" alloys, RCD510 radio/CD,carbon effect trim, twin chuff. What more can a man want ?

+1couldn't agree more! The more I drive mine the more I am loving it, I am really impressed with the performance and improving economy.

HHGTTG
16-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes, could not agree more, however pray every night that the rattles will not come as these spoil what could otherwise would be a good car.

Darklien
18-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Yes, could not agree more, however pray every night that the rattles will not come as these spoil what could otherwise would be a good car.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't develop any dreaded rattles! The Honda Civic was infamous for them, however I was lucky and mine did not develop any over the 3 years I had it.

Rhigour
18-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't develop any dreaded rattles!.

The answer to rattles is simple. Put a tin with a few sweets in the tray in front of the gear stick. Then if you hear any noises you can say to yourself , oh thats only the sweets in that tin and can drive on unperturbed.