PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Double Glazing

jonboy221
23-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Can anyone tell me how to identify if my 2009 Q7 has double glazing? It's not on the option codes in the log book (but then neither are quite a few of the options on the car). I've got the privacy glass option (again, not listed in the option codes....)

Need to find out as I want to (hopefully) have DAB fitted.

dan.taylor.1
23-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I might be wrong, buy if you drop your window and its more than 4-5 mm thick I would guess its dg.

Dan

Guest 2
23-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc on the Audi configurator, it only allows you to choose between double glazing or privacy glass.

I'll check now and report back.

Edit - You can only have one of the two. I picked Double Glazing on the configurator and the option to select privacy glass was then blanked out and the same vice versa.

jonboy221
23-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Got to be honest - I tried the same thing. But, apparently there is 1 option for privacy glass, are 2 options for double glazing (1 with privacy glass) :-

4KF Privacy glass.

Dark tinted glass from B-pillar backwards. Not available in combination with double glazing (4KS or VW8)

VW8 Double glazing.

Windscreen and side windows in 2-layer laminated safety glass, connected to each other by a plastic film.

Improves insulation against outside noise and break-in protection. Not available in combination with privacy glass (4KS)

4KS

Double glazing with Privacy glass.

Windscreen and side windows in laminated safety glass, 2 layers, which are connected

to each other by a plastic film. Improvements in insulation against outside noise and break-in protection and dark tinted

rear and rear side windows

Guest 2
23-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmm interesting. How thick are your windows?

jonboy221
24-06-2011, 07:51 PM
+\- 3.9mm front and back. Personally, I don't think it has double glazing which means that unless I have an external unit stuck on the dashboard, or an external aerial fitted ( neither of which I want on a £40K motor), I'm f**ked for fitting DAB! why does the Q7 have to have double glazing for DAB anyway.........?????

dan.taylor.1
25-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Presumably, the single glazing has a heat reflective coating which inerferes with the DAB signal, whereas the double glazing wont need the coating as its far more thermally efficient so the DAB works fine.

Dan