PDA

View Full Version : tonadoredrobbo

tonadoredrobbo
17-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Just bought an '09 GT TSI 122. 18000MLS. Love it already. It's lush! However I've got this intermittent problem and it's baffling me. Sometimes when I accelerate hard the engine stops revving at about 4000/4100rpm. It will do it in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear (not got up to the rest yet). Today my mate came round and we went for a spin so I could show him. Guess what? It accelerated in every gear right up to 6000+, no problems. I then went to Tesco about 4 hours later to get the weekends alcohol supply and, hey presto, nothing above 4000rpm. The only way I've found so far to shake the problem (when I've got it) is to rev quite high towards 4000rpm then change down. This seems to clear the problem but not permanently. Anybody out there got any ideas? I've had the rev limiter theory for a cold engine, blew that oneout of the water yesterday morning. Maybe blocked injectors. So why is it only intermittent? Could it be a turbo charger waste gate problem? I haven't got a clue. Anybody out there with HELP please don't be backward at coming forward!! Thanks all.

Guest 2
17-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

Try posting your question in the Golf Mk6 forum as this section is for computer stuff only lol.

Hope you get sorted out and happy posting!

Sam
20-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Can you post a HiJackThis log?

tonadoredrobbo
20-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry brand new to this site and forums in general. What's a post a hijack?

Sam
20-06-2011, 03:00 PM
No idea what a post a hijack is.

HijackThis can be found here (http://uk.trendmicro.com/uk/products/personal/free-tools-and-services/), you need to download it and run it.

It scans your PC and presents a log/list of everything that's going on. You post it up here and we try and work out what is causing issues with your PC.

Guest 2
20-06-2011, 03:26 PM
No idea what a post a hijack is.

HijackThis can be found here (http://uk.trendmicro.com/uk/products/personal/free-tools-and-services/), you need to download it and run it.

It scans your PC and presents a log/list of everything that's going on. You post it up here and we try and work out what is causing issues with your PC.

Chuckle.