PDA

View Full Version : 30000 miles / 19 months report - 1.6TDI 105 SE

percymon
17-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Time for another update as the miles pile on.

Car is now 19 months old, and just about at 30k miles.

Third service completed earlier this week with no issues to report or items to fix - just a standard oil n filter change.

Thats the last of my 3 services for £250 package, so the next one will be a major service at 40k miles, and then i'll ask to switch to long life servicing. There's no point switching now as irrespective of which service interval system you are on the 40k miler is a major (ca £350)

Brake pads and discs all fine, nothing to report at all according to service department.

Rear tyres are showing the classis Golf/Passat inner edge feathering - I already knew that from the drum drum sound at 30mph, and my observations when fitting the winter wheels set back in October last year. Rear tyres still have around 4.5-5mm tread depth, having covered 21k miles (winter tyre set were like new after 9k miles). I may swap them left to right to reverse the rotation of the tyre in an attempt to reduce the feathering.

Front tyres (Falken Xiev ZE-912s) are performing well - as good as the original Bridgestones, and better in wet weather. No significant wear after 4k miles use.

Overall mpg is back to ca 53 mpg with the summer wheel set (a good 5mpg down on my winter wheels in like for like driving) - you can see the effect by clikcing on my fuelly signature.

The last 10k miles have been without the tuning box, as i never got round to refitting after the secong service due to bad weather everytime i remembered - at times i've missed the extra power, but the majority of my drving is constant speed dual carriageway etc so not really a big issue. I will be refitting it this weekend though, it does make overtaking on A and B roads a lot easier.

Thats it, nothing has fallen off, nothing broken - my niggles of old still niggle me, but I could find niggles with most cars !

Previous reports are here..
10k miles.. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?102077-10-000-Mile-7-Month-Report-1.6TDI-(105)-SE&highlight=report

20k miles.. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?112428-20k-mile-Report-Golf-1.6TDI105-SE&highlight=report